Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Disabling the Telematics Module (Holden Assist)

Waffles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
20210410_123758.png

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
I can't tell from the pics but does your mirror have the buttons as in this pic?
unnamed.jpg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I took a pic of my disconnected Telematics module, it is actually below the amp not in front of it as I thought.
20210410_132707.jpg

Waffles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
I can't tell from the pics but does your mirror have the buttons as in this pic?View attachment 221206
Now you mention it I did see this in the glovebox so assuming its aftermarket or replacement..is it all part of the assist side of things with the little nokia dongle thing and the little thing stuck on the roof near the mirror?

Waffles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
Now you mention it I did see this in the glovebox so assuming its aftermarket or replacement..is it all part of the assist side of things with the little nokia dongle thing and the little thing stuck on the roof near the mirror?
20210410_133042.jpg

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm thinking that you don't have a telematic module. The mirror should look like the one I posted, with a definite Holden Assist button.

Waffles

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Grange
I'm thinking that you don't have a telematic module. The mirror should look like the one I posted, with a definite Holden Assist button.
I definitely started thinking that when i couldn't find any module,or any cabling still left for the fuel pump if it had been removed already,or the gps/gsm sensor in the layout but wanted to double check as all the symptoms all sounded identical to my power drain. Plus also assumed being their flagship module it'd come with the assist,it does also have all paperwork for 'holden assistance or upgraded ultra assistance' but it is just a nrma/racv type service ue:flat battery/theft,broken windscreen.and no mention of gps monitoring or calling if airbags are deployed.
Damn now i have to try and find another source of the drain as surely the standard alarm/immobiliser can't drain it that much or fast,possibly aftermarket twin amp in the boot running the sub?. Realised it doesn't have rear wipers so no idea what the clear tube in the rear next to that eurovox amp is for unless it's some kind of drain..

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
.................Realised it doesn't have rear wipers so no idea what the clear tube in the rear next to that eurovox amp is for unless it's some kind of drain..
I didn't see any sort of hose in my car so I don't know what that's all about. Possibly a drain for the sun roof.

Holden Assist was an option that had yearly fees associated with it so a Grange or Caprice didn't necessarily come with it as far as I know.