Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Joining the ZB crew - 2019 LT 2.0L long term review thread.

mirrabucca

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pack (Devil Yellow)
How many k's has the car done? Are the roads in your most-travelled area generally rough?
Might just be shocks?

aprentice

Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 ZB Commodore LT 2.0T Wagon
Check your tyre pressures.

My RSV with the 18" rims tramlines when the tyre pressures get low. Also my wife's VE Z with 19" rims gets really horrible to drive when the tyre pressures get low.

I don't mean low that the tyres look like they're low , just low by a few PSI can make all the difference.

I had a slow leak on one rear tyre on the RSV and it sure made the back end feel weird.
Only ended up being a few psi difference at the rear. All sorted legend!

ZBCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
I have to say I noticed something similar in my ZB Calais today, when it didn't seem to do this a couple of week ago... I might check the tyre pressures. (I've got the 18's, too)

87VLCALAIS, what sort of PSI are you putting in the 18's? I've seen about 3 different suggestions for pressure in the vehicle handbook, so I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. Cheers!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I have to say I noticed something similar in my ZB Calais today, when it didn't seem to do this a couple of week ago... I might check the tyre pressures. (I've got the 18's, too)

87VLCALAIS, what sort of PSI are you putting in the 18's? I've seen about 3 different suggestions for pressure in the vehicle handbook, so I'd be keen to hear your thoughts. Cheers!
It should be printed on a decal on the door jamb.

ZBCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
Thanks Imoengnr,

I was a bit confused due to the tyre pressure table in the manual - Please see the attached.

I'll have a look at the tyre placard tomorrow - Cheers!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 27

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks Imoengnr,

I was a bit confused due to the tyre pressure table in the manual - Please see the attached.

I'll have a look at the tyre placard tomorrow - Cheers!
Just try the 'ECO' settings for the 18" wheels, 39 PSI all round.

ZBCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais
Thanks Imoengnr, I'll give the ECO pressures a crack and see how we go. Cheers!

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV

Sorry, I've not had time to have a look but 39 is probably a good place to start.

I got onto the tyre pressure solution when I took the car in to have the tyres rotated and mentioned that the car had grown a tendency to tramline. Straight away they said the problem is probably tyre pressure. Sure enough, after I picked the car up, the problem had disappeared.

Reactions: Lex