Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Key Fob/Dashcam

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 HOLDEN COMMODORE SV6 BLACK PACK VFII MY16
I just installed a Viofo 139 pro into my 2016 wagon and since doing so the range has dropped to open and remote start. It was hardwired into the doc connector behind the glove box. I just unplugged the rear cam and it goes back to how it used to be before I installed the cameras. Rear camera cable was ran through the headliner. Some sort of interference somewhere

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
not too familiar with that camera but i would try and disable its wifi and see if the issue stops.
most of these wifi enabled dashcams broadcast the ap all the time and that could be a source of interference.

if the camera uses any form of sync between the rear cam and front cam that uses the 433mhz band then that will cause issues.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hi , @Shannon955i Viofo are a good brand , i put one in my sisters Mazda , Maybe try this site and see if this is an issue with others Dashcam Talk

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
not too familiar with that camera but i would try and disable its wifi and see if the issue stops.
most of these wifi enabled dashcams broadcast the ap all the time and that could be a source of interference.

if the camera uses any form of sync between the rear cam and front cam that uses the 433mhz band then that will cause issues.
The issue is before I even get into the car. The distance from the car with opening and unlocking and remote starting has been reduced. Un plugged the rear camera and all back to normal

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi , @Shannon955i Viofo are a good brand , i put one in my sisters Mazda , Maybe try this site and see if this is an issue with others Dashcam Talk
Hi kleanphil. Had a look through some of that site and even Reddit. A few people having the same problem with different cars. Suggestion from other sites is to reroute down through the floor. Not keen on doing that. I contacted Viofo so will wait for there reply. Thought someone on here might of had the same problem. Thanks for your reply

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
The issue is before I even get into the car. The distance from the car with opening and unlocking and remote starting has been reduced. Un plugged the rear camera and all back to normal
Have you created some sort of coil with the rear camera lead between you and or near the fob receiver

Last edited:

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Hi kleanphil. Had a look through some of that site and even Reddit. A few people having the same problem with different cars. Suggestion from other sites is to reroute down through the floor. Not keen on doing that. I contacted Viofo so will wait for there reply. Thought someone on here might of had the same problem. Thanks for your reply
I assume you mean the 129 pro , that website i linked has firmware updates that might work

Shannon955i

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you created some sort of coil with the rear camera lead between you and or near the fob receiver
Not sure where the fob receiver is. But the excess is coiled up at the back in the headliner.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
Not sure where the fob receiver is. But the excess is coiled up at the back in the headliner.
It might be a bit of a long shot , but maybe spread it out abit so its not coiled

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I ran the Rear DC cable down the LH centre of headliner also,
But kept to the passengers side the best I could,

As the RX in the Wagons are in the roof lining at the back, well they are in the VE's.
I have a few of the OEM DOC harness for that such option/project, Plug and play for Series 2's
so you don't need to modify any part of the loom, just plug it in, and connect the Dash Cam, CB, other low current devices.

PS: I coiled the Excess beside the Map Reading light on the passenger's side.

Last edited: