Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

timay86

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss 5.0ltr
gday mate im not sure if you know but im trying to sell my vr powerchip gold 98 but the bloke has a vg ute (vn) will it fit in his computer or are they different cheers tim

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Hey greenie that old link to the VR V6 Stocko ecu/xdf file asks for a username and pword. Got a copy you could flick this way?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

m3taL

For what its worth.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
88` S1 VN, 5spd & 94' VR Wagon

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I got a chip from greenfoam today in the post for my VR V6. Going to leave my current memcal untouched, so I picked up a couple memcals to play with from the wreckers on the weekend plus some other bits all for $25.
The first 1 is from a VR V6 Lexcen and is stock untouched. The 2nd is from a VP V6 Auto, massive front damage, and the memcal has been modified by CROW CAMS and already ahs a socket.
Is the VR and VP memcals the same ?? Just the chip is different ?? Can I just unplug the Crow chip from the VP memcal, put in greefoam's VR chip and away I go ??
VP CROW CAMS Memcal
- -

VR LEXEN stock memcal

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Sell the crow cams one, you'll be suprised how much you will get for it. You can even ring crow and ask them what cam was in it, since they will have a record (then go back to the yard and BUY that motor) if it's not busted from the stack. Oh yeah the memcals are the same apart from the chip size, VR Autos are 512k VP's are 128k

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Sell the crow cams one, you'll be suprised how much you will get for it. You can even ring crow and ask them what cam was in it, since they will have a record (then go back to the yard and BUY that motor) if it's not busted from the stack. Oh yeah the memcals are the same apart from the chip size, VR Autos are 512k VP's are 128k
It was in the roped off area where anything you can carry is $25 or $50 for a trolley/wheelbarrow. If the motor was any good, the wrecker would have removed it before putting it in the yard. I remember the rocker covers were smashed and the ecu was bloody hard to get out as that area was crushed.

Who would buy the VP Crow memcal ?? Should I eBay it ?? I will get to modding the VR stock memcal this weekend.