Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah sell it on ebay, find out what cam it's for and list it as that

VPS2V6

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive s2
i need a chip

do u rekon u could make me a chip for my vp s2 v6 executive im not to sure how u do all this you can just tell me what you need to know and ill tell you ive got minor mods 70mm throttle body CAI shift kit with corvette servo and a larger boost valve and exhaust, yer i dont know if u need to know that like i said before i dont know how you do all this stuff so yer it would be much aprecciated if you could make me a chip

cheers

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
just a note for people using the slower speed vn and vp aldl to tune in closed loop using blm numbers you need to set the diagnostic advance revs too 0 rpm or it locks the timing under 2000rpm and makes the blm figures wrong while youre logging.dont know if the same thing happens with the vr manual cals or not

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Um i feel a bit stupid, but can someone tell me where the memcal is located and post pics if possible.?

Thanks
Troy

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
behind the passenger side kickpanel. since you have a VP, you probably have a nice big **** off piece of metal covering yours up that you would need to drill out

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
My VP didn't have the steel plate. The ECU was directly behind the plastic kick panel.

Rip the kick panel off, your ECU should be staring you in the face (if not, it will be behind a steel plate as Stocky said), unplug everything from the ECU (don't worry, un-plugging everything won't do any damage at all to your engine etc), unscrew the ECU from the wall, then undo the 2 tiny bolts holding a steel cover that's slid over one end of the ECU, slide that off, then memcal will be staring you dead in the face. Just unplug it.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
All VP's had the plate at some stage, most have had it go missing over the years as mechanics replaced stuff looking for reasons why a car wont run right. Mine still had it but it seems 90% don't

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
thanks guys ill have a look after work today.

/me prays there is no metal plate