Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Memcal socket install

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
yes you can cause serious damage to you engine with incorrect settings

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
vq~gangsta said:
What about if some clueless rooking makes one with stupid settings, like advancing the timing by 50 degrees at 3 grand or something silly like that?
Can it damage the car?

That's why you make many small changes untill you get what you want, that's why you get your own burner :)

VL400

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais - Quadcam V8, tiptronic auto, 3.9lokka
My development VN ECU grew something a while back....no more EPROM burners, realtime editing (through ALDL), 8192 ALDL and uses a standard RS-232 serial cable - and the best part is its easier if you have a VN/VP'808 ecu to start with. I will be putting together a website when i get time with the instructions on building an interface and the source code changes needed.

Attachments

• ECU.JPG
    ECU.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 837

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
VL400 said:
My development VN ECU grew something a while back....no more EPROM burners, realtime editing (through ALDL), 8192 ALDL and uses a standard RS-232 serial cable - and the best part is its easier if you have a VN/VP'808 ecu to start with. I will be putting together a website when i get time with the instructions on building an interface and the source code changes needed.

That's what I'm talking about!, I'll be counting the days : )

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
VL400 said:

Now thats what im talkin bout!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Mat

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
yep, me too, cant wait, realtime tuning is gonna be sweet as in my car, with the pc already in there and all.

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
VL400 said:

show us the light :D

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
hehe i got a lappy for the car i can use, set it up on the passenger seat or center console :p lol

Cheers
Mat

ralcool

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ V8 M5
Regarding auto to manual conversion for VN/VP ecm's ONLY. (V6 or V8)

The Grey Wires of the main centre console loom, is the park/neutral switch wires to the ecm to pin B10. Ground these permanantly to the black wire, and the ecm is in 'manual' mode. (The difference is, for starters... TC lockup will no longer be needed, idle speeds selected are slightly changed)

The blue/grey wire also needs grounding, it is for the start solenoid. (This is why you cannot start the engine in park or neutral) or use it for a extra security measure..... work it out....

If your converting a VN/VP V8 to manual, I can also advise you, the VR/VS manual V8 memcal can be used in the VN/VP computer. (Yes it can) and is better.
A nice upgrade, but youwon't be able to use 8192aldl unless you buy the US spec model of our 1227808 the '1227165', or buy an expensive, but local VR/VS '082 computer. (why!)

But ALSO, the same code, for VR/VS V8 manual, can also run the V8 VN/VP AUTO hydraulic box, and also has the code to run the Torque Converter lockup, and all the extra auto ****... I have created a special modified code for auto use that has the extra tables filled out.

Why all this... VR/VS have lean cruise too.

Plus with high speed aldl- EFIlive and stuff get even more fun. 8192 bps vs 160bps, better datalogging.... lets face it, 160bps is slow, and at that sampling rate- is useless for datalogging the drags.

Sean
(Ducking now for the barage of questions)