Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VX SS

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Trimmers rang yesterday, saying back seat is ready to pickup.
When i do so i will drop this off, Front Drivers seat.

I used the foam from the Passengers seat which was quite good, stripped the material and put it all back together for the trimmer to do his bit. Even the springs underneath seem like new, so should workout right when finished.

The Passenger seat will have to wait for a bit with Xmas coming up. That is the one i will need to cut and join the foam on.
But i need to take out the seat, cut n join foam, reskin and put back in which will take a few weeks. If i need to take someone in the car they can sit in the back lol.

368369351_1273801366491493_8374550641729504674_n.jpg

386472036_1400466687249976_169527959436501239_n.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Can’t wait to see the finished result. I think a retrim inside sets a car off as much as a good paint job does on the outside. Aftermarket leathers and fabrics stand out as far superior quality almost always. The trimmer is underrated.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Trimmers rang yesterday, saying back seat is ready to pickup.
When i do so i will drop this off, Front Drivers seat.

I used the foam from the Passengers seat which was quite good, stripped the material and put it all back together for the trimmer to do his bit. Even the springs underneath seem like new, so should workout right when finished.

The Passenger seat will have to wait for a bit with Xmas coming up. That is the one i will need to cut and join the foam on.
But i need to take out the seat, cut n join foam, reskin and put back in which will take a few weeks. If i need to take someone in the car they can sit in the back lol.

View attachment 259832

View attachment 259833
Yeah agree that drivers side foam looks decent. Way better than mine in the VE was. Did you look for signs of cracking underneath in the foam base? Trimmers can fix cracking underneath relatively easy. Does go to show how Gen II seats were better quality than Gen III on the most part.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Did you look for signs of cracking underneath in the foam base?
Being the Passengers side it is almost perfect on the inside edge which is the Drivers out side edge, the outside is very good and only support for Drivers inner side, no wear so the passengers side i picked up had little use.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Pickup the back seat and finally got around to fitting it...
Dropped the Drivers seat off but the lady wasn't there to quote me so find out tomorrow how much for that one to be done.

Back seat looks good just a bit dusty, too much glare from sun so will get better pick when i clean them and not arvo sun in face lol.

seat1.png

seat2.png

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
The rear electric window doesn't work, never has.
Decided to have a look... it has new door switch and center switch box, when i try to move it down i can hear it flick like trying to work.
Figured it must be the motor...
Pulled skin off, and wiring seems a bit dodge

So it's not the original one, has been cut and changed to suit.
I figure i will need a new regulator and motor. Find a plug to suit and re wire it.

j.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The rear electric window doesn't work, never has.
Decided to have a look... it has new door switch and center switch box, when i try to move it down i can hear it flick like trying to work.
Figured it must be the motor...
Pulled skin off, and wiring seems a bit dodge

So it's not the original one, has been cut and changed to suit.
I figure i will need a new regulator and motor. Find a plug to suit and re wire it.

View attachment 261908
Just go to the wrecker & get one. Cut the plug with them joined.

If original, it'll be drill or grind the rivets out.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d just get a replacement door harness. Even easier.