Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project VX SS

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Stroke of luck, a m8 has an old door there i thought he had gotten rid of, gave him a hand sometime back swapping over his doors. He will cut the plug off and drop it off sometime soon, winning....

Just need to take the thing apart to change the motor now, lucky the rivets are gone and small bolts were used.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
After some research i found i have the after market electric window regulator, they sell them these days on eBay with the 2 red/blue pin plugin wiring which needs to be cut and changed.

s-l1600.jpg

So i got another motor and plug to suit. Went to fit it all and the regulator rail holes are in wrong position for original motor to fit lol. I need to get the original rail off me m8 now to fit the motor to it and finally replace.

This is the original plug that was cut off.

ew2.png

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
After some research i found i have the after market electric window regulator, they sell them these days on eBay with the 2 red/blue pin plugin wiring which needs to be cut and changed.

View attachment 262035

So i got another motor and plug to suit. Went to fit it all and the regulator rail holes are in wrong position for original motor to fit lol. I need to get the original rail off me m8 now to fit the motor to it and finally replace.

This is the original plug that was cut off.

View attachment 262034
Did you get the male plug for it as well?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Did you get the male plug for it as well?

A page back shows motor, on right side is a plug it goes into., above pic is the male that was cut that going into motor

Reactions: Lex

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Well it's that time of year, rego and inspection....
Failed the inspection due to oil leaking from timing case cover and sump... was told about $2000 to do it all :( but waiting on an official quote.
Said it was almost a engine out and drop K frame to do it, will know more later on price.

• Sad

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
1 month later i get my car back from mechanic... $3,400 later it passes a RWC
Sump Gasket and Timing Case Gasket was what had to be done.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I hope the seal plate was done too. If not that will be the next thing to leak. And it makes economical sense to do while the sump is off.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hope rear main seal & dumbell was include in that bill

I wish, labor was $2240 @ $203.64 per hr = 16 hr to do it all.
Today was the first real drive, on the way to work... breaks down like fowled plug or such....
Back to mechanic, was a bad lead....
I put a new battery in on pickup as the other one died (prob sitting for a month didn't help) which prob caused the old leads to die with new battery and proper current now.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
16 hrs is about right, but $203 an hour, wow. They did all that and didn't replace the seal plate? Surely they pulled the engine out and didn't do it all in the bay?