Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Nothing on here about this so far.
Our house is torn between England and Australia on Wednesday nights game.

unmentionable topic at our place at present , NOT to be discussed until the match commences
why so?
my partner is english, place of birth Windsor... yep that place of the Royal Castle!

so you can understand why :p

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
It's been great seeing everyone get behind them :) Turns out we all just wanted good sport, and to celebrate modest champs!

Win, Loose, doesn't matter anymore, best performing Soccer team in Australian history.

UP THE FARKING GURLS!

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I wonder how many people around the world watched the game

I had a quick google but nothing decisive

I assume "lots" of millions more than the AU media tally

I assume, again with the assumptions, that every English, Spanish, Swedish and Columbian fan tuned in

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It's been great seeing everyone get behind them :) Turns out we all just wanted good sport, and to celebrate modest champs!

Win, Loose, doesn't matter anymore, best performing Soccer team in Australian history.

UP THE FARKING GURLS!
Well said.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I wonder how many people around the world watched the game

I had a quick google but nothing decisive

I assume "lots" of millions more than the AU media tally

I assume, again with the assumptions, that every English, Spanish, Swedish and Columbian fan tuned in
They were also saying that the number didn’t consider all the pubs, stadiums, and households filled with people watching.

Beating views of Kathy Freeman running and getting gold will be something. That genuinely stopped the nation. I remember the excitement of it.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
unmentionable topic at our place at present , NOT to be discussed until the match commences
why so?
my partner is english, place of birth Windsor... yep that place of the Royal Castle!

so you can understand why :p
I came from England in 1986. I am a big soccer/football fan in general and obviously support my original hometown team Liverpool (there, cats out of the bag:).

The loyalty thing is a tough one for a lot of people who have migrated from different countries, especially if they're of a certain age when they come here. Some don't want to be seen as traitors or turncoats and are just through and through supporters of their country team or whatever, and that's fine.

Personally, I believe it's important to support a country in the sporting arena no matter what the sport, especially when that country has given me and my family the opportunities I may never have gotten in my birthplace.

Yes, up until the age of twenty-eight with no inclination to support any other team on the international scene other than England, my patriotism lay there.

Becoming a citizen of Australia in 1987 and accepting all it had to offer me and my family environmentally, economically, educationally and socially, it came naturally to me, to show allegiance and support for the country that has provided such opportunities right from the start.

Of course I'll never forget my birthplace, and will always be supportive of its sporting endeavours. However, Australia is my home and has been for the past 37 years, so this is where my loyalty lies.

Come on The Matildas on Wednesday. And if they fail, come on the poms in the final!:)

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Bloody Tommies

Disclaimer: my ancestory is Krout, we emigrated before WW2 so missed out on Jerry

Now we are all Australians, yes, even a Tommy with citizenship

We have lots of British "Laterals" were I work rolling on their military departure income stream into the ADF after serving 20 years and laterally transferring here from Old Blighty, what a sweet gig that is for settings them up for retirement from the ADF at 60, if their broken old bodies let them get that far

1 year, 9 months and 6 days for me till I retire, fingers crossed I don't die before then, that would ruin my retirement plans quite a bit

Go the Matildas

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'd rather watch woman's sport than men's sport!

....except maybe the rugby.