Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
And just like that Australia is back to not giving a **** about women’s soccer.
I’ll be expecting to see sell out women’s A league games now with all these new fans……

VYCommodore76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commy

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Miss 11 has spent the morning going through Matilda’s Highlights from what seems like the last 3 years.

No loss of interest at work either. Lots of talk about junior leagues and local clubs.

Just like after the 2006 World Cup, there will only be growing support.
Australian Soccer never looked back when the Aussies made a go at the finals. They failed just as now but the interest only grew the sport.

Now this. It has shoved Australian Soccer/Football talent in mainstream faces. There are no negatives from this.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Australia didn’t deserve to win. A dirty game early, I think a few yellow cards were the order to intimidate the Aussies. I feel it worked. They played like they were overwhelmed by it all. Mistakes everywhere. Little ones adding up. They were not the confident team they’ve been in previous games.

The English mopped up the errors turning them all into opportunities instantly.

Lots of key moments the Aussies were suddenly in possession and it was as if they would hesitate for a second or even half a second when the ball could have been used to their advantage. That was all it took every time for the English to then be all over them. That fleeting pause with the ball. That half a step. England were the better team there. They never hesitated in the same opportunities. Just flowed.

Mackenzie Arnold was not playing as she has. Some huge mistakes, and misjudgements that she wouldn’t normally make. Two goals should have been defended easily.

Even with Sam Kerr fudging a few opportunities, they should have been in a 1-1 situation.

Hesitations. Errors.

England deserved that win. The right team to go through.

Last edited:

Veewhyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VeeWhy
Yep agree.

Heart breaking to watch, but the stinky poms deserved it.

Looking forward to the Spain V England grand final and our re go at 3rd place in Brisbane.

I invited some non-sporty mates over to watch the game, they loved it! We are now starting a tipping comp picking sides in the A League to battle against.

Everyone needs a ball! :D

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The dog was watching the game with us and then went and got his ball and wanted to paw at it like they were on the telly. He was happy to have a little play then watch some more. Then play and paw the ball around.

The goodest boy.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If it keeps young girls off crappy & toxic social media platforms, I'm all for women's sport.
1692244757320.jpeg