Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a new project!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It should be noted that the VZ Crewman windscreen is slightly different to the GTO from memory. The roof line is a bit different. So be careful with removing the windscreen to get the firewall/dash assembly out. It may also not be required to pull the harness through, but rather leave it and it comes out with the firewall.

In the above screen shot, is the explanation on how it is installed for those interested but glancing over the posts.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’ve been trawling YouTube for VZ production and assembly video but have found nothing.

There’s got to be a trick to it. No way would they have had someone stuffing about connecting wires on the car. No way the fire wall went in with the harness attached.
It did.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
It should be noted that the VZ Crewman windscreen is slightly different to the GTO from memory.
Same windscreen ........ the Monaro / GTO 'A' pillars are raked a couple of degrees further back, being about 40mm lower, top of screen to window belt line.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Watching this video today, and going back and looking at the Crewman, I realize that I will have a new problem to solve. The Commodore/Crewman windshield cowl (or plenum cover) is completely different to the GTO and it won't match up to the GTO hood. This means that I will either have to reuse the Crewman cowl and figure out how to make RHD wipers work, or I need to track down a LHD Commodore windshield cowl from a Holden export version like a UAE Commodore. I imagine Holden Export part numbers are even harder to find than Holden ones, lol.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
That’s where you will need @wannaeatyourbrains who has access to a huge stockpile of LHD VZ sedan parts in UAE.

There is a difference in bonnet and cowl on VT-VX era Monaro and VY/VZ era. Maybe that’s the difference.

Anyway, he might be able to source the left hand interior sedan loom for the crewman and left hand headlights, left hand wipers and cowl. Or you could bolt on a GTO bonnet, bumper, guards etc. instead of the VZ ones.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think bolting GTO front on would make better sense because of access to parts over there.

Hole Denn

Reaction score
Members Ride
HoleDens
I think bolting GTO front on would make better sense because of access to parts over there.
omg thats so funny Fu Manchu
your name picture of you looks like your saying "we should get sushi carol" :)