Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a new project!

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
Ok, so new problem. After looking at things more carefully last night, I realized that the Commodore/Crewman windshield wiper cowl is totally different. There are people out there telling me I can use a GTO cowl, but it will leave a gap under the bonnet, and then I have to figure out what to do about wiper sprayers because on the GTO they are in the bonnet. I really don't feel like cutting holes in my nice straight Crewman bonnet.

The solution would seem to be to get a windshield wiper cowl out of the UAE where they sold Commodores in left hand drive. Now, how do I track one of those down? LOL

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
As mentioned, all the GTO parts bolted to the front will swap over. Lights, bumper, guards cowl.

The difference in the cowl from your GTO to the VZ you have is the same as the difference between VT/VX and VY/VZ. If we were to use a VZ cowl with a VT or VX bonnet, same thing happens. There’s a gap.

DM @wannaeatyourbrains or all going well, now he is tagged into the thread, he might come to the party and source some parts for you.

I’d opt for the GTO front end on there. Wipers, cowl, bonnet, guards, bumper and lights. Parts will be easier to get.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
As mentioned, all the GTO parts bolted to the front will swap over. Lights, bumper, guards cowl.

The difference in the cowl from your GTO to the VZ you have is the same as the difference between VT/VX and VY/VZ. If we were to use a VZ cowl with a VT or VX bonnet, same thing happens. There’s a gap.

DM @wannaeatyourbrains or all going well, now he is tagged into the thread, he might come to the party and source some parts for you.

I’d opt for the GTO front end on there. Wipers, cowl, bonnet, guards, bumper and lights. Parts will be easier to get.
Here's the thing Fu:
There is already one Crewman in the US that is exactly like you mentioned, GTO front end, hood, fenders, and it looks weird. Also, he rides dirty on a GTO VIN and I don't go for that, lol.

The other Crewman in the US is all Holden on the outside except for the cowl. The inside is mostly GTO.

I want the purity. I want to do it right. Gauges, badges, everything as original as I can make it. Part of me also very sickly likes the challenge of finding that cowl. There's 3 ways I can get the Crewie done at this point, and by the end of the weekend I will know which way to go. :)

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you get a cowl via UAE, you’d be best to get two or even three to sell to that other guy. One for the crewman. One as a spare. And sell one.

I should also point out, you’ll need the left hand drive VZ Headlights from UAE too. Not sure if the SS Projector lights were used in the UAE. Then again the LWB version was sold in China and that had them I’m pretty sure.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
https://www.sparekorea.com/product/parts/607181?no=I92164955

LHD part no. 92164955
RHD part no. 92164957

Here’s the air inlet/plenum and part number. $65 usd. + prob $100 shipping
Message them first before paying them anything to make sure they have it in stock. I’ve bought a couple of things from them in the past. They are the best source I’ve found for genuine new LHD parts, there’s also a Russian website that seems to stock a lot of Chevrolet Caprice/Buick Park Avenue/Daewoo Statesman parts but I doubt they would be friendly atm.

I do agree Wannaeatyourbrains may be able to help you

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Here’s the whole assembly, you may need the shield thing underneath also. Unless the GTO one is compatible or the same

Attachments

• 6D9B955A-1ABC-4820-9A87-E91D3BB80879.png
    6D9B955A-1ABC-4820-9A87-E91D3BB80879.png
    264.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 419769E6-D00C-4C5B-8219-F7F315A1B478.png
    419769E6-D00C-4C5B-8219-F7F315A1B478.png
    257.1 KB · Views: 116

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The Chinese and South Korean versions in LHD used a VY Headlight, so that’s no good. However, they did use the same cowl that you are after.
Deawoo Statesman and Buick Royaum in China.

60A24424-9AC1-47ED-8C46-0DECD9152005.jpeg

So there’s some more options for sourcing parts. Well. Except headlights, which look similar but VY and VZ had slight differences in the angle where the grill is.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
If you get a cowl via UAE, you’d be best to get two or even three to sell to that other guy. One for the crewman. One as a spare. And sell one.

I should also point out, you’ll need the left hand drive VZ Headlights from UAE too. Not sure if the SS Projector lights were used in the UAE. Then again the LWB version was sold in China and that had them I’m pretty sure.
Very true Fu Manchu, otherwise it may fail engineering plus be annoying. So here’s the part numbers. I don’t know what is what. There would have been 2 or 3 versions at a guess, all projectors

Attachments

• AAACA358-E391-47DD-AF2F-51DC448DE14C.png
    AAACA358-E391-47DD-AF2F-51DC448DE14C.png
    364.4 KB · Views: 91

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
The cover for the cabin air intake should be the same VT-VZ.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very true Fu Manchu, otherwise it may fail engineering plus be annoying. So here’s the part numbers. I don’t know what is what. There would have been 2 or 3 versions at a guess, all projectors
Some of those maybe VY equivalent headlamps rather than VZ. The image is VY equivalent.