Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Time for a new project!

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman SS, VZ Pontiac GTO
If you get a cowl via UAE, you’d be best to get two or even three to sell to that other guy. One for the crewman. One as a spare. And sell one.

I should also point out, you’ll need the left hand drive VZ Headlights from UAE too. Not sure if the SS Projector lights were used in the UAE. Then again the LWB version was sold in China and that had them I’m pretty sure.
There's a guy on eBay Australia that has a new set I will be getting.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
https://www.sparekorea.com/product/parts/607181?no=I92164955

LHD part no. 92164955
RHD part no. 92164957

Here’s the air inlet/plenum and part number. $65 usd. + prob $100 shipping
Message them first before paying them anything to make sure they have it in stock. I’ve bought a couple of things from them in the past. They are the best source I’ve found for genuine new LHD parts, there’s also a Russian website that seems to stock a lot of Chevrolet Caprice/Buick Park Avenue/Daewoo Statesman parts but I doubt they would be friendly atm.

I do agree Wannaeatyourbrains may be able to help you
OMG, part numbers are the Holy Grail when it comes to these things. Thank you so much for those!

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Also the guy in UAE (an Aussie expat) is happy to have a look for a LHD wiper cowl. He will get receipts etc and post them over but you guys will need to get in touch.

I will try set up a group conversation. Or DM @wannaeatyourbrains by clicking the little envelope above and entering in his username, or click on his username in this post, and click “start conversation”. That should get the ball rolling for you.

I’d suggest you get a spare as well.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
As for the headlights, I guess you could open them up and put the GTO LHD projector unit in and seal them up again. Or flip the little shield over so it suits LHD instead of RHD.

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also the guy in UAE (an Aussie expat) is happy to have a look for a LHD wiper cowl. He will get receipts etc and post them over but you guys will need to get in touch.

I will try set up a group conversation. Or DM @wannaeatyourbrains by clicking the little envelope above and entering in his username, or click on his username in this post, and click “start conversation”. That should get the ball rolling for you.

I’d suggest you get a spare as well.
I have reached out to the South Korea place to see if they have any new ones in stock as well, no response yet. I'll DM the brain eater.

slipknot09

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
I have reached out to the South Korea place to see if they have any new ones in stock as well, no response yet. I'll DM the brain eater.
Cool good luck. The first time I purchased from them I asked for a postage quote and then told me how much and how to pay them. After a week or 2 I messaged them to ask if they posted it yet and I was told they would get back to me. About a week later they said they didn’t have what I wanted in stock and fully refunded me.
I did manage to buy some parts to convert RHD passenger seats to memory seats though

OldSkoolGP

Reaction score
Members Ride
The South Korea dealer says they are out of stock, so it looks like my best hope will be to get one out of the Middle East. There are a couple of guys over there on the hunt for one. In the meantime I'm going to proceed like one will turn up at some point. I made one last video for 2022 about the progress. If you watch it, so far as color goes, I really want to use a Holden color, but it will depend on how easy it is to get over here. For the rest of the year, I'll be watching video on how to repaint an engine bay, LOL.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was about to post this in. And here you are.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Very cool to see this happening. You won’t find much about removing a firewall on VT, VX, VY or VZ, so here it is

Reactions: Lex