Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tune worth it?

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I would think its mainly spark advance and changing some of the other ignition settings.

Yeah that and from what I had read so far (Which is a lot, I'm a forum nut), the Alloytec runs really rich. Tuners normally lean out the fuel mixture which results in more power, more torque and better fuel economy.

I believe the standard on board computer is fine, the tuner just needs a software package that will interface with it. VCM Suite is the software of choice (maybe the only software).

PhantomSV6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV6
Thanks for all the info guys. Tune sounds like the way to go for sure.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
From what i remember its around 900

listen_to_slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim
dunno if you guys have heard this, but on another forum i read tonight that there are some OTRCAI's in development, and with the addition of a complete exhaust and a VCM suite tune, they are pulling 180RWKWS!!!!! from a 175 alloytec

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
dunno if you guys have heard this, but on another forum i read tonight that there are some OTRCAI's in development, and with the addition of a complete exhaust and a VCM suite tune, they are pulling 180RWKWS!!!!! from a 175 alloytec

post a link?

StevieP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VZ SS 6L

yea what he said show us some links thats BS if you ask me.

pk2k78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yeah I've seen the post as well. Its the Alloytec OTR CAI thread on Street Commodores.

Complete bull****, 180rwkw is like 270ishkws @ the fw. I wish.

With the OTR CAI I think you could expect max 15rwkw with a tune (Over a stocky with tune). Its a piece of plastic not a supercharger.

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Yeah I've seen the post as well. Its the Alloytec OTR CAI thread on Street Commodores.

Complete bull****, 180rwkw is like 270ishkws @ the fw. I wish.

With the OTR CAI I think you could expect max 15rwkw with a tune (Over a stocky with tune). Its a piece of plastic not a supercharger.
Correct. :thumbsup: