Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Calais V v8 Wagon

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I painted my rear calipers black, and upgraded front to brembos
17 painted rear brake.jpg

19 brembos.jpg

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
And this is how it looks as of now.
I replaced the rear wing with the genuine holden dust deflector. Much better. Added a decal too, and finally a live gps/4g tracker.
21 as at now 2.jpg

20 as at now 1.jpg

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
How much did the holden dust deflector cost if you don`t mind?
Got part number?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have questions.

1. @Lex I’ve been sussing out fitting a trans cooler to both my VE and Cross8. (Connects the same as VF). It’s way trickier than I’d like. I’m thinking of getting some trans hoses and cutting them, fitting a AN fitting to the cutoff hard line part. Did you bypass the radiator all together?

2. @dassaur How did you wire up the forward camera? What’s your trigger wire for the forward camera? What have you got the image showing on?

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I have questions.

1. @Lex I’ve been sussing out fitting a trans cooler to both my VE and Cross8. (Connects the same as VF). It’s way trickier than I’d like. I’m thinking of getting some trans hoses and cutting them, fitting a AN fitting to the cutoff hard line part. Did you bypass the radiator all together?

2. @dassaur How did you wire up the forward camera? What’s your trigger wire for the forward camera? What have you got the image showing on?
I could have used the DOC connector but I ran my own wires up from the rear battery area along the passenger side of the car where all the existing wiring runs. THe top fuse was blank (I use it for something else too so there's another 5 amp fuse behind glovebox & the bottom is retained accessory power
IMG_20210719_093536279.jpg

I have a power magic pro in the glovebox for parking mode, which cuts all power to the dashcam if the voltage drops below a predefined setting (for me I put it at 12.0v)

IMG_20210719_093718991.jpg

From the power magic pro is a USB mini cable that goes up the passenger's A Frame and is tucked under the headlining up to where the front dashcam is.
The rear one is powered by the front, so it's just a cable that goes behind the entire roof headlining through the liftback grommet and into the rear camera. When you copy the files to a computer they are separate front and rear, not interposed like you see in the dashcam itself.
IMG_20210719_093902048_HDR.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Did you bypass the radiator all together?
No l didn't bypass the radiator. Basically l just replaced the standard external trans cooler with the PWR cooler, & added the fan. The PWR cooler is larger than the standard cooler. I have yet to add the switch. Soon though.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON