Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SS LS3 Manual - weakest links?

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I’m Recently the lucky owner of a series 2 VF SS that has considerable money thrown at it.
3” stainless, crow cam, upgraded springs, stringer pushrods, new heads, etc a dyno readout says 360 rear wheel - don’t know if accurate, doesn’t matter.

Thinking at some time, I’d like to bolt on a SC, as despite being on the wrong side of the “fun age”(but not dead yet), I’ve never really owned a performance car. I’ve always raced motorcycles and my current Zx14 runs 9.2 on the 1/4.

Just wondering though - before I start researching superchargers and options - I was trying to understand the cars weak points. At present the car feels solid and harmonious but after SC….will the clutch stand up? What about gearbox ?? Can the oem diff stand 600kw ?
I’m going to upgrade brakes as a matter of course, and I’m pretty happy with suspension / height given our goat track roads.
I suppose I want to know what I’m in for dollar wise before committing to a $15k supercharger spend- ? As from my motorcycle endeavours, these things are never straight forward lol.
Cheers Si.
Lifters and diff

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I never understand why people use the GM stock lifters with higher than .550 lift cams. Asking for trouble.