Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF wagon, would you buy one?

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
There was a video on ammonyc YouTube channel where the car was mold and mouse pee and poo contaminated to the point it was dangerous to one’s health to even try and clean. So they used pellets dropped into some fluid and an electrical charge was applied which produced a strong ozone gas within the closed vehicle which killed the mold spores and also killed the smell from mouse pee and poo. No match and petrol required :p

Obviously the best approach is to avoid the problem in the first place by correctly storing and periodically checking the car :cool:

Did a quick search but didn’t find the video :confused:

The rats are attracted to fertiliser stored in a shed about 50 metres away.

They chewed through a blind grommet in the firewall to gain entry.

That was about 15 years ago, the car now sits with its doors and boot open, all the seats, carpet, door cards, headlining and rear parcel shelf were removed and never refitted.

The car's metal interior was washed down with bleach, I've been told it doesn't smell anymore yet I still smell it, I've been told it's just my imagination.

My house in Sydney backs onto a golf course and the rats are attracted by all the fertiliser they store to keep the fairways and greens in top condition.

The rats are a pest to all the neighbours, I stored a dozen boxes of books in my shed only to find the rats had chewed their way inside to make nests in each box, they set up home inside the books and all had to be dumped.

Sometimes you just can't control them, and ratsak doesn't always work as they figure it out, and if not, they don't always go away to die.

I can't remember how many liquified dead rats I've had to try and remove from my shed, they can chew through the timber eaves if they need too.

Constant checking is a must do, it's a lesson I learnt long ago.

I don't have any rats that I know of where I live on the Central Coast.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
There was a video on ammonyc YouTube channel where the car was mold and mouse pee and poo contaminated to the point it was dangerous to one’s health to even try and clean. So they used pellets dropped into some fluid and an electrical charge was applied which produced a strong ozone gas within the closed vehicle which killed the mold spores and also killed the smell from mouse pee and poo. No match and petrol required :p

Obviously the best approach is to avoid the problem in the first place by correctly storing and periodically checking the car :cool:

Did a quick search but didn’t find the video :confused:
There are a few like that!

2014ltdltz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF Commodore
As a US owner of a MY17 VF2 (re-badged back to proper Holden), I would LOVE to own the wagon version of this fine specimen of Aussie automotive production. Either the 3.6 or 6.2 would be just fine with me. We did not have the myriad of model choices here, just the Chevy-badged redline. Not complaining, it is outstanding. Would be great if we would have had the option of a wagon. I suppose I can dream from afar. Cheers.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
As a US owner of a MY17 VF2 (re-badged back to proper Holden), I would LOVE to own the wagon version of this fine specimen of Aussie automotive production. Either the 3.6 or 6.2 would be just fine with me. We did not have the myriad of model choices here, just the Chevy-badged redline. Not complaining, it is outstanding. Would be great if we would have had the option of a wagon. I suppose I can dream from afar. Cheers.
In a deal between your government, GM and the UAW, you weren't allowed access to the wagons and utes.
Also a restricted number of SS Chevrolet sedans, which were overpriced...

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
In a deal between your government, GM and the UAW, you weren't allowed access to the wagons and utes.
Also a restricted number of SS Chevrolet sedans, which were overpriced...
… in Australia, ‘cos we subsidised the ones sent to the US.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
… in Australia, ‘cos we subsidised the ones sent to the US.
Around factory closure, we subsidised the US runnout sales even further as the USA guys got 40% off MSRP and we got a price rise and then screwed by the dealer delivery :oops:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
They were still overpriced in the US.
I guess that depends on what you were wanting to buy, at the time … Infiniti Q60 meh, 2.1L Benz E-Class a lot more classy & has all the touchy-feely for commuting in but less reliable, Alfa Romeo Giulia 2L was nice but same price here too so that’s fair, and of course a bunch of ****-heap gerlytrux.

RWD and V8 and manual though … ? I’ve driven a Rustang GT which was 150% of the price of the Chev SS in the US; it was about the same, some things better some worse.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Overpriced, never advertised.
Left to 'rot on the vine'.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Overpriced compared to what?
They weren’t 1/6 the price of a 911 like they were here, but American buyers are used to artificial price compression so if you’re looking at … I dunno, an automatic LS560 at 3x the price as a comparison when they were 5x the price here, that comparison isn’t relevant over there.

Last edited: