Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VR V-8 SS

Having A Break

Reaction score
Members Ride
Goggomobile
I was actually going to ask, that if by lowering those 2-3 shift points that the kickdown speeds were also considered...

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Have you tracked what the solenoids are doing via Transmission Data Dash.
If the 2nd apply band doesn't fully disengage you will get a 'yo-yo' effect between the 2-3 shift.
Is the throttle being backed off for the 2-3 shift.
I logged the first 5 min drive home too, so will check the 2-3 shift during casual driving (it felt fine, but worth checking data)

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Update,
I have been discussing with @Immortality all week about this 11p tune. We decided early on the issue was my fault for changing the PPR code to correct the ecu speed to match actual gps speed. But this threw the shift points out, and I had not correct the right tables (or enough tables) to sort the issue while at the track.
I wish I had remembered of my error at the track and I would have more aggressively slashed the 2-3 shift point before creeping it back in during the day.
But in the end immortality found that the eco/pwr switch was not switching as it should and has corrected that. So good all around. I just wish I had sorted it a week or a month ago and had a better day racing.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Update,
I have been discussing with @Immortality all week about this 11p tune. We decided early on the issue was my fault for changing the PPR code to correct the ecu speed to match actual gps speed. But this threw the shift points out, and I had not correct the right tables (or enough tables) to sort the issue while at the track.
I wish I had remembered of my error at the track and I would have more aggressively slashed the 2-3 shift point before creeping it back in during the day.
But in the end immortality found that the eco/pwr switch was not switching as it should and has corrected that. So good all around. I just wish I had sorted it a week or a month ago and had a better day racing.

Easily done so I wouldn't beat yourself up too much for the oversight.........Having a 2nd set of eyes is generally when oversights like this are found....

So definately sorted for the next outing.... ;)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Update,
Now you can look forward to the next day of racing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No fault, we worked through the problems and found solutions. Loaded a new tune and tested and we confirmed a few things. More things to test but we are headed in the right direction.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Still not 100% sure adjusting VSS as per 11p set up instructions will achieve anything different. I will try it as I have a clone tune with it in, so no big deal to load and drive. But if my speed reading in ecu is accurate to actual world speed, and the shift is sorted, then what is there to achieve?

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Yup, he helped confirm something I wasn't sure about. Although, having said that, we haven't yet tested those changes as I didn't want to make to many changes in one go. It's on the list for @Deuce today as he has a number of tests to run as I've sent him a few different tune files to test various things. As we confirm things we'll add those to the main tune and hopefully in a few days we'll have all the bugs worked out and a really good tune to go forward with.

I'm just waiting for the next batch of datalogs to arrive.