Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

EFI/Memcal Tuning Questions from new user

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
It could always be modified, people have cut the top of it off, but i was thinking at full throttle and the bellmouth in there wouldn't it be going to the front to cylindas more?
i guess it wont hurt trying a few G-tech runs its up to you though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ahhh, semi slicks. proper racing rubber. should help with traction. have been considering getting a set myself for track days. much better then street rubber for track use

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Stig the Bellmouth is for idle conditions only, it has the reverse effect at full throttle (not enough air in the rear cylinders). I doubt it's doing anything on a boosted car other than being a restriction. There is no manifold tech on a boosted car once it's on boost, so long as the air gets in it doesnt matter

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
rear cylinder leaning out is only an issue in a N/A car anyway. the boosted air will be pushed right into the manifold

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
E34 535i M - E70 X5 M - E60 M5 - No Fear
I concede....

Ok so, I took the bell mouth out today. Took me about 10 mins. The throttle is now so much more responsive. The car doesn't feel faster from say 30 to (insert insane top speed here). But it's cetainly a ***lot*** faster off the line. The car doesn't feel as sluggish if you accelerate in a high gear. say fifth ::whistling

Idle quality appears to be unaffected. Although on an unrelated front my car seems to have developed the slightest of zhorst leaks. Something I will rectify tomorrow. :wax:

So on the whole good catch Stocky, glad people are paying attention to my photos. :thumbsup:

L8r

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
Good job mate, glad to see it worked out good for you :) , now for some G-Tech runs :D

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Next Phase ------>

Got some goodies over the past week or so:-

Latest Boosted GM ($59) tune for Delco ECU from the states
1%20-%20Code%2059.jpg
+​
600x300 Intercooler (.2PSI Loss at 14PSI)
2%20-%20Cooler.jpg
+​
77mm Pulley (12PSI) from Pulley Bros.
3%20-%2077mm%20Pulley.jpg
=​
4%20-%20Game%20Over.jpg

However... There is one element missing. The Code59 tune needs a 3 bar map sensor. I have found a couple of GM ones on US Ebay but shipping is quite high. Does anyone know of a reasonably priced local supplier, or perhaps someone who has one they can part with for a reasonable price? :unsure:

Looking forward to playing around with the Code $59 tune as its table resolution is insane!!! :thumbsup:

L8r

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Latest Boosted GM ($59) tune for Delco ECU from the states

Looking forward to playing around with the Code $59 tune as its table resolution is insane!!! :thumbsup:

L8r

i see you been reading 14secvp's thread. he's been playing with the $58 tune for a while(running his VP on it) before they did the $59 tune. it looks to be the goods

if i remember correctly it's also patched for full wideband O2 so tuning is even easier

thestig

resident misanthrope
Reaction score
Members Ride
Full Wideband

i see you been reading 14secvp's thread. he's been playing with the $58 tune for a while(running his VP on it) before they did the $59 tune. it looks to be the goods

if i remember correctly it's also patched for full wideband O2 so tuning is even easier

Yeah I notice the full wideband gig. At this point I am running narrowband emulation on my LC-1 and have fairly successfully kludged it into the $5D by changing the deadzone and rich/lean voltage constants. But I am finding that the car idles off the tables (significantly less than 40map) and appears to keep jumping out of closed loop mode at idle.

L8r

Last edited:

hdtwizzard

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5ltr
help with vs v8 timing

can anyone give me some pointers on where to get info off the net or know how to do the timing for a vs 5ltr commodore:bow: