Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VF Jungle Green blackout

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Just got my new VF SS back from tire shop. Put some ultra low springs in and good to go.
Pretty happy with how it looks now.
Just need weather to clear up and I can give her a clean.
Inked865A0CB6-01D4-4D43-B676-A125567BA75D_LI.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0071.jpg

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
Looks great, really like that green and the black is a nice contrast. Can't believe how high they look standard. Are they the standard wheels , they look like they protrude a fair way in that first photo, probably just an optical. Good to see we're sharing the crap weather with people over the ditch ha ha ha

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Wheels are not factory ones. Put 20x11 on rear and 20x10 on front. So did have to roll the guards. Get a very small rub on R/H rear on big bumps. But certainly gives it an aggressive look.

Few more pics now the suns on :)

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Last edited:

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Great colour combo and stance. Well done mate.

WalshySSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSVR M6
Looks awesome. Perfect stance. I also like the black decals on the bonnet. Did you buy them or just get a local wrap place to make them up?? I think Tekno apply something similar to cars passing through their shop.

bbunnys

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VFII SS
Had the details painted on bonnet. Was going to wrap. But was told due to UV in NZ id have to replace every 3 years.

I do have to change mags now also. Ive got issues with rubbing in the back. Got a few big mates and when we all in the car its hitting on bumps.
So going back to a 10 inch rear rim rather than the 11.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Had the details painted on bonnet. Was going to wrap. But was told due to UV in NZ id have to replace every 3 years.

I do have to change mags now also. Ive got issues with rubbing in the back. Got a few big mates and when we all in the car its hitting on bumps.
So going back to a 10 inch rear rim rather than the 11.
Could also run a rear coilover to stiffen the ride? Looks mint as it is!!!

VFII•17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SS-V Redline Sedan LMF
Wheels are not factory ones. Put 20x11 on rear and 20x10 on front. So did have to roll the guards. Get a very small rub on R/H rear on big bumps. But certainly gives it an aggressive look.

Few more pics now the suns on :)

View attachment 191286
View attachment 191287
View attachment 191288

I love the Jungle Green with the blackout kit! If the MY17 had the green I would have picked it for sure, but the Spitfire Green was not the right green for me. So I picked Light My Fire instead - 2 weeks to go.

Yes, Tekno did a similar blackout kit and looks very similar to your car - check it out on You Tube on their channel. If I had some extra cash, and some more garage space, and a wife who would let me buy another VFII (dreamin'...), then I would get a Jungle Green SS (no need for SS-V) and get a Tekno 580kw upgrade. Just dreamin'...

Just a tip on taking some pics of your car. The car looks great :) but the background looks terrible :(
There is plenty of nice scenery in NZ to plonk your car in front of, then take some nice pics with the car being the contrast. I'd like to see some more nice pics as suggested ;)