Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS from across the ditch

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I was considering going with the 50 series Flowmasters as they have extra chamber which is suppose to have a lot less interior noise. Gotta keep the missus a little happy:hmmm:

I would definitely recommend the balance pipe, Delco had a variation between the left and right hand banks for fuelling and fitting the balance pipe fixed that issue. Be interesting to see what this does with a tune for Hp/torque curves compared to the single 2.5" system.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
So what a few weeks I have had, Handed in my notice at work after I was poached by another company and as things had turned to **** their decided to take the offer.
I finally got to finish the exhaust today, 1 day to spare before I head South for a trip, I'll be doing around 1500kms round trip and finishing at Alexandra and the Blossom Festival which hold Drag Racing at the Airport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Had a nice day at the drags today where I made it into the runoffs and then the meeting was ended after a couple of rails tangled.

The car ran great although I am looking at going a bit faster I hope.
14.55@96mph was the best I could manage on a good track, The car ran very consistent and made it easy for me to get to the last 4 with constant 14.6 runs
October-2013-PB-14-55-at-96mph_zps56ea3612.jpg

I have ordered another part to add to the equation and hope to sort out the details over the next month or so,.

Attachments

• October-2013-PB-14-55-at-96mph.jpg
    October-2013-PB-14-55-at-96mph.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited by a moderator:

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Sounds good and looks to go quite well. Well done!
shame about the tangled rails to send you home early.

Care to elaborate on new part for the equation?

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Sounds good and looks to go quite well. Well done!
shame about the tangled rails to send you home early.

Care to elaborate on new part for the equation?
Its a new manifold but I will let you know fully next week after I talk to my tuner as I am still sourcing some hand me down parts, I have been offered a freebie throttle body.
And while at the drags I was spotted on my computer and now another local tuner would like to have a go at it as well. Then 3 people also asked me about tuning there transplant 304's

If I can get this sorted then I may drum up some trade for the Dyno.

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
I have booked a place in a teams drag race, 4 people per team and it is DYO for Musclecars and Hotrods
Our team consists of 11.0 Camaro, 11.6 VX Ute, 13.2 Ford GT and myself, we are all regular drag racers and have all won competitions on this track before so we rate ourselves as a chance.

new.gif

Once this is done then I can start the latest upgrades, the diff and intake, I wont do compression until I have the intake sorted

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Sounds like fun!! good luck to you and your team.
Any chance you have a rwHP figure on your car yet?

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Sounds like fun!! good luck to you and your team.
Any chance you have a rwHP figure on your car yet?

Na, not since i put the exhaust on and I have now started a new job after being asked to join a new Company although I need to do it before I upgrade my intake

Holdenman

Modified
Reaction score
Website
www.holden.itgo.com
Members Ride
VR SS 5.0
Ok so I got some more Dyno time and it looks like the intake is the next factor as it reaches 222hp at the rears and flat-lines for over 1000rpm with a 2hp variation.
Both torque and HP were up with the twin system I built and it is now running 14.4-14.5 @ 97mph consistent with [email protected] as best.

I am not sure when I will do the next part and replace the intake

Dyno-15-Nov-2013-small_zps4775ae5c.jpg

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Ok so I got some more Dyno time and it looks like the intake is the next factor as it reaches 222hp at the rears and flat-lines for over 1000rpm with a 2hp variation.
Both torque and HP were up with the twin system I built and it is now running 14.4-14.5 @ 97mph consistent with [email protected] as best.

I am not sure when I will do the next part and replace the intake

Dyno-15-Nov-2013-small_zps4775ae5c.jpg

I see you are getting HBR to tune your car. How have you found them? I'm booked for a tune on my VY2 in late december.