Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Valve springs, pushrods and trunion upgrade advice.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Weight saving for a DD would really be pointless....Weight saving is mainly used for racing, so unless you plan on racing your DD constantly, I wouldn't worry

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I think if I hadn't already bought a new PB standard balancer I would now consider getting an underdrive one. But I probably won't bother now I already have something better than factory in the shed.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
BTR make a good budget trunnion upgrade using captive needles and PAC 1219 are a great OEM spring upgrade. Unless there's a solid reason, pushrods should be fine for reuse. Stock rods and rockers are really solid on the LS

If you plan on a refresh soonish I'd just do the trunnions for now, tackle the rest when you're ready to tear down and have a direction/goal you're aiming for

2_stroke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Doing the same thing atm as im doing lifters, lol just asked about the ls1 and the btr rocker v2 upgrade kit fitting did it? Looking at a package on ebay atm as the cams more than likely gone might as well do it why heads are off getting machined and cleaned for refitting. Using 50 grade oil as a get me by for now till home works done.