Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF SSV Ute sound system

Misschevy454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute SSV redline
Hello All :)
I’m a long time lurker and first time poster. Sorry if this has been discussed before. I did try look around. All my experience is with early Holden’s I’m a female spray painter - panel beater but only worked and owned on pre 1980’s mostly.
I’m on my 2nd Ute had a nice VY now got the VF.

Before I pull things out what is the original size speakers I see 2 to the sides of the seats and in the doors.
Can I please ask what size they are?
I got varying answers when I tried to Google etc. (I’m a bit of a novice on tech, phones etc I don’t have social media) thanks so much in advance.
I’ve added some pics of just a few of my earlier cars

Attachments

• IMG_7288.jpeg
    IMG_7288.jpeg
    851.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7748.jpeg
    IMG_7748.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0588.jpeg
    IMG_0588.jpeg
    300.9 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6737.jpeg
    IMG_6737.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1321.jpeg
    IMG_1321.jpeg
    918.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1322.jpeg
    IMG_1322.jpeg
    970.1 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_2153.jpeg
    IMG_2153.jpeg
    250.4 KB · Views: 33

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
Pretty sure the door speakers are 6.5".
You can also install 6.75" speakers if you use mdf spacers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Can't help with your question but plenty of blokes on here who know and own VF utes. Welcome to JC. Don't often see too many girls who are into cars in a big way. Pretty cool that you're a painter. :)

Misschevy454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute SSV redline
Pretty sure the door speakers are 6.5".
You can also install 6.75" speakers if you use mdf spacers.
Thank you for this. I have a few things still new in boxes that I purchased a little while ago, so hoping I can use them. Cheers for this!

Misschevy454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Ute SSV redline
Can't help with your question but plenty of blokes on here who know and own VF utes. Welcome to JC. Don't often see too many girls who are into cars in a big way. Pretty cool that you're a painter. :)
Thanks so much , if the regos did get to the prices they are at now I’d definitely have more cars.
I’m loving all things Commodores now!

Geoff6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf 1 SSV UTE 6M Phantom
I have a VF1 SSV ute. Bonus CD player!
I haven't checked but I think the door speakers are 6.5inch. The b-pillar speakers are sub woofers which are powered by a separate amplifier.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Don't often see too many girls who are into cars in a big way. Pretty cool
A few weeks ago I called a shop in the US about torsion bar rates for a particular sprint car chassis and spoke to a couple of blokes who couldn't really answer the question. They put me through to their lead mechanic who runs their primary car in the World of Outlaws series and a woman answers the phone. I told her the guys put me through to speak to their lead mechanic and she says, "yes, that's me".

She not only told me torsion bar rates off the top of her head, but also the shock settings and what to adjust as the track slicks off. She was an absolute guru on setup and one of the most helpful people I've spoken to and thought a woman into sprint car engineering was pretty cool too!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
The VF Ute has such a wonderful audio sound I could never bring myself to fiddle with it.
I'm not into sound systems at all, but the fader not working annoyed me and discovering the rear speaker wires are in the dash harness plugs, I fitted those 6.5" Rockford Fosgate speakers in the rear of my ute wired to the fader and the sound system sounds much better!

20211015_194203.jpg